25 New Ventures Dr, Bozeman, MT 59718

Trail Permits

Snowmobile Permits

Resident and nonresident snowmobile permits can now be purchased at Big Boys Toys. In case you weren’t aware, snowmobiles operating on public land must be registered and display decals placed in a conspicuous space on the left side of the cowling. Registration is different for Montana residents and nonresidents. See details below.


Groomed Trail Permits | Snowmobiling | Big Boys Toys | Bozeman, MT


Montana residents must register their snowmobiles at the County Treasurer’s office in the county where the owner resides. This is a one-time registration and valid until the current owner sells the snowmobile.

Resident Trail Pass
Residents must also purchase a Trail Pass starting October 1, 2015 to ride on any of the 4000 miles of groomed snowmobile trails. Trail Passes are valid for three seasons and are $18. Trail Passes apply to all “mechanized equipment” including; snowmobiles, motorized snow bikes, and fat tire pedal bikes.

Resident Trail Pass FAQs

We ask that anyone using groomed snowmobile trails for recreation—please contribute and purchase the Trail Pass. The revenues go directly to grooming the trails.

Snowmobile Non-Resident Permit | Big Boys Toys | Bozeman, MT

Nonresidents who plan to ride their snowmobiles and motorized snow bikes in Montana must purchase a Snowmobile Nonresident Temporary Use Permit for $25 per machine.

Fishing Licenses

Hunting Licenses

*** We do not sell Fishing Licenses or Hunting Licenses this is solely a resource for those interested.
Shopping Cart